June 24, 2009

DISCOVERY

When I get bored on a summer afternoon I tend to spend time looking around for new music, and today was no different (although I did get a phone call from the Biltmore for a "meeting" tomorrow... fingers crossed). My favorite find of the day, and summer, was Discovery - a duo comprised of Wes Miles (Ra Ra Riot) and Rostam Batmanglij (Vampire Weekend). They sent along a nifty little player app so you can listen here until the LP release on July 7th. I don't know exactly how you go about putting together electropop, indie, and hip hop beats, and that's why their names are on the record and not mine. I really don't even know what to call it, especially coming from these two guys. It's so unique, and so different from anything either of them has ever done. Regardless, these guys kill it, and just in time for the summer heat. Click on a song to start the party. Once you start you're not gonna stop. And I can tell you the album's Jackson 5 cover of I Want You Back is sick. I give you my favorite new band of the summer - Discovery.

Orange Shirt - straight jam.




No comments:

Post a Comment