June 10, 2009

RIDE TO WRIGLEY

Actually, to be honest, it's more of a ride to the Biltmore. But they're only about 100 yards apart and I like alliteration; especially when the words involved don't start with the same letter (as in, freakin' pheasant). I also like parentheses, ellipses, commas, and starting sentences with 'and.' Deal. Anyways...

Now that I'm back home in the Valley, I have been riding Rock (my bike, short for his real name 'Rockhopper') from my house to the Wrigley Mansion/Biltmore every night that I'm not out with the friends doing something we probably shouldn't be doing. It's something I used to do before I went off to school and one of my favorite ways to both torture my post-grad body back into shape and decompress. It's Matt time - a way for me to just get away from everything and think, and now that I'm back it's no different. I'm loving it. I take off around 10 every night and get back whenever it is that I decide I'm done riding.

Tonight post-dinner, pre-ride, I spent some time reading a friend's blog and when I got out on Rock I found myself running through a bunch of different things that she had to say. I was kind of surprised by it, and quite impressed, actually. So impressed, in fact, that I decided I might need a blog of my own. Not because I think I am full of some special wisdom, but because of the fact that her blog made me think. It dominated Matt and Rock time. Hopefully, if anyone ends up reading this, something I have here might provoke some thought as well. I'm fully convinced thinking is good. Great, in fact. And at worst, random people like yourself get to creep on my life. Lucky you.

With that said, I have no idea what this might become or how often I will even use it. But as with all things in life, it is what it is, and this happens to be my feeble attempt at a blog. This is me, these are my thoughts, and you are welcome to join along.

I love home. There's nothing better. And so ends the first attempt. Take it easy.

MP

1 comment:

  1. I never click on links that people post in their facebook status'... partly on principle, partly because I doubt i'll be interested but for some reason I decided to see what the link in your status was all about. Not only was this definitely interesting, it was also surprising in a good way. Hope you keep writing and wish you were back in Cali and didn't love home so much.

    ReplyDelete