June 21, 2009

5 YEARS LATER

I'd like to think this blog thing I have going is a happy place to share random thoughts and things I find interesting or entertaining - whether or not that is true to the outside observer, I don't know. However, this post isn't so light-hearted. There's your warning. It is my space to share what I want, after all.

This day happens to mark the anniversary of one of the most confusing and impactful (yes, I made that word up) experiences of my life - the day we lost 'Mouth' to a drunken idiot who decided to get behind the wheel. The details of the accident still make me sick and are certainly not anything I want to rehash in great detail, but can be found here for the passersby who don't know what happened that Father's Day night.

While I could go on for days about the senselessness of what happened, that is really not why I mention it here. The kid lived a life to be remembered and celebrated; and that's the point. And if you happen to be a person of faith, whatever it might be, throw up a prayer for the Conards today.



One life, one love. Take it easy, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment